Protecting the Rights of Injured Workers
Oklahoma City Workers' Comp Lawyers
As an injured worker, you have certain rights. The full protection of these is a primary focus of our law firm's practice. In working with an attorney at the Law Offices of Stipe & Belote, you will have an experienced legal professional fighting to protect your rights as an injured worker through every step of the claims process.
Following are just a few of your rights in regard to work-related injuries and accidents:
- The right to prompt, effective medical treatment by the company's doctor.
- The right to seek medical care from a different physician if you would like a second opinion or are not satisfied with the company's physician.
- The right to file for workers' compensation benefits without fear of employer retaliation. Your employer may not fire, demote or otherwise penalize you for being injured on the job or seeking workers' comp benefits.
- The right to benefits for all medical treatment related to your work injury.
- The right to benefits for any temporary or permanent disability resulting from your work-related injury or illness.
Taking full advantage of your rights as an injured worker may be difficult in some situations, particularly if you are dealing with an insurance company or employer trying to limit the amount of money you receive for your injuries.
Unethical or underhanded tactics may place your rights at risk and therefore may threaten your ability to recover full benefits. Experienced legal counsel will be your best protection against these actions.
Contact an attorney at Law Offices of Stipe & Belote today to learn more about your rights as a worker and your options to pursue compensation for on the job injuries.
You Pay Nothing Unless We Win
One-On-One, Compassionate Attention
Named Super Lawyers for 13 Consecutive Years
AV® Preeminent™ Rating by Martindale-Hubbell®
Numerous Million Dollar Settlements
Over 50 Years of Combined Experience