How Does Workers' Comp Work in Oklahoma?

If you were injured at work, you will need to file a workers' compensation claim in order to seek benefits. You need to inform your employer of the incident within 30 days of the accident, your injury or your knowledge that an illness is work-related. 

If you do not notify your employer within 30 days, this may limit your ability to recover workers' comp benefits. To file for workers' compensation, you will need to file Form 3 "Employee's First Notice of Accidental Injury and Claim for Compensation" with the Oklahoma Workers' Compensation Court.

Your employer may also file this form on your behalf, directly with their insurer or the court.

Filing for workers' compensation can be a difficult process in some cases. It is important that you properly file your claim and that all information is included to ensure it is handled in a timely manner. An attorney at the Law Offices of Stipe & Belote can help you properly file your claim and can handle any issue or dispute that does arise to help ensure that your claim is approved.

woman working with metal

Choose Skilled Legal Assistance for Your Oklahoma Workers Comp Claim

Determining eligibility for workers compensation benefits is an important part of the services that our firm provides. We will review the circumstances of your injury or accident to determine whether you may be entitled to coverage and what amount of benefits you may be able to receive. From there, we will file your Oklahoma workers compensation claim and will protect your legal rights and interests through the entire process to help ensure that you receive maximum benefits allowable by law.

If you are ready to file a claim for workers' comp in Oklahoma with your employer for injuries sustained on the job, contact our firm today to discuss your options.

Take the first step towards justice Empowering you through legal excellence

Schedule Consultation
Contact us media
Accessibility: If you are vision-impaired or have some other impairment covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act or a similar law, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to using this website, please contact our Accessibility Manager at (405) 254-7796.
Contact Us