Experiencing a traumatic brain injury can drastically alter one's life. If you or someone you know has suffered head trauma in an accident or any situation resulting from another person's negligent or wrongful conduct, you may have grounds for a lawsuit against the responsible party. Our Oklahoma City brain injury attorneys offer complimentary consultations to discuss your specific case and legal options.
Causes of traumatic brain injury
Common causes of TBI include:
- Falls: Slips and falls, falls from heights, or tripping accidents can result in traumatic brain injuries, especially among young children and older adults.
- Motor vehicle accidents: Car, motorcycle, and truck collisions are common causes of traumatic brain injuries due to the forceful impact and sudden change in motion.
- Sports injuries: Contact sports such as football, soccer, boxing, and hockey can lead to head injuries and concussions.
- Violence: Physical assaults, gunshot wounds, and domestic violence can cause traumatic brain injuries.
- Bicycle accidents: Cyclists involved in accidents with motor vehicles or falling off their bikes can suffer head trauma.
- Pedestrian accidents: Pedestrians struck by motor vehicles can experience significant head injuries.
- Workplace accidents: Construction sites, factories, and other industrial settings pose risks for head injuries due to falling objects, machinery accidents, or falls from heights.
- Explosions and blasts: Military personnel and first responders are at risk for traumatic brain injuries caused by explosions or blasts in combat zones or during training exercises.
- Recreational accidents: Injuries sustained during recreational activities like skiing, snowboarding, or horseback riding can result in head trauma.
- Child abuse: Shaken baby syndrome or other forms of child abuse can lead to severe brain injuries in infants and young children.