Wrongful Death in Oklahoma City
Oklahoma City Personal Injury Attorneys
Death is, unfortunately, something that none of us can avoid. However, loved ones are tragically lost every day to due to negligence and recklessness that could have been avoided. If this has happened to you, and you have prematurely lost someone you love as a result of someone else’s carelessness, we want to help. We have nearly 50 years of legal experience and know that it takes to get the compensation you deserve.
Who Can File a Wrongful Death Claim?
The term, “loved ones” is abstract and needs to be more clearly defined. In Oklahoma, the “personal representative” of the deceased is allowed to file a wrongful death claim, and the personal representative is most often a relative but does not necessarily have to be.
- A personal representative can be any of the following to the deceased:
- Named in the deceased’s estate plan
- Court-appointed representative
Damages To Be Recovered
We understand that it may seem vulgar to assign a monetary figure to the loss of a loved one. Relationships such as these far exceed the limits of money, but this is the only way our current court system can do its best to rectify an injustice such as losing a dear parent, child, sibling, or spouse.
- The courts will often recognize the following damages and order compensation for them:
- Funeral and burial costs
- The deceased’s pain and suffering between injury and death
- The deceased’s loss of wages, benefits, and earning capability
- Grief and mental anguish of the deceased’s survivors
- Loss of companionship, guidance, and consortium
- Punitive damages to punish and make an example of the liable party
Put Decades of Experience on Your Side
The Oklahoma City personal injury attorneys at Law Offices of Stipe and Belote have over four decades of combined experience helping families like yours and individuals just like you receive the compensation they deserve for wrongfully having to endure such a tragedy. Regardless of how it happened, whether it was the result of a car accident, defective product, or medical malpractice, we work relentlessly to see to it that you are given a fair chance at recovering from your loss.
Call our offices today at (888) 842-1374 to speak with our Oklahoma City wrongful death attorneys today in a free consultation.