Types of Personal Injury Cases We Handle
In our decades of experience, we have seen it all. Because we understand how important compensation is for your recovery, you can trust us to do everything in our professional power to help you seek justice.
We represent victims of a wide variety of injuries and accidents, including:
- Vehicle accidents. No matter the size of the vehicle, these accidents can be devastating. Bicyclists, motorcyclists, and pedestrians often suffer the most severe injuries because they are the least protected. If the at-fault driver was under the influence of drugs or alcohol, the accident may be worse, but compensation will likely be easier to obtain.
- Construction accidents. Construction sites are notorious for hazardous materials and less-than-safe working conditions. If not properly managed or supervised, these sites can endanger workers, visitors, and passersby.
- Dangerous drugs, defective products, and medical malpractice. Consumers and patients rely heavily upon the safety of the products and medications they purchase. They also trust nurses and doctors to provide appropriate diagnoses and prescriptions. Medical professionals, pharmacists, and manufacturers are prone to human error, as well as purposeful negligence, and the consequences are often severe and long-lasting.
- Nursing home abuse. Care providers in nursing homes are responsible for catering to the needs of elderly individuals. However, they are also capable of neglecting and/or abusing the residents of the facility. Inattention, physical abuse, and medication errors are just a few of the malpractices that can occur.
- Wrongful death. Negligence or reckless behavior can be fatal. Those affected by the loss deserve to pursue compensation in court, not just for medical costs but the emotional and psychological trauma that ensues.
Depending on the location of your injury, we may be able to help you obtain workers’ compensation or damages for premises liability. Employers, property owners, business managers, and landlords all have unique responsibilities to protect the safety of their employees, residents, clients, and visitors.
To win a lawsuit for negligence, we will work to prove the following four components:
- Duty—the defendant was legally required to provide a certain standard or quality of behavior in relation to you (ex. construction workers providing appropriate cautionary traffic signs)
- Breach—the defendant did not exercise reasonable care to fulfill the duty they had to you
- Causation—the breach of duty was the cause of your injury (i.e. you would not have been injured if the defendant had fulfilled their duty to you)
- Damages—your injury exists
We can also help you secure Social Security benefits if you have become disabled. Well over half of these applicants are denied benefits upon first request, but we can help you successfully navigate the appeal process. Every personal injury case is unique, and our lawyers take the time to fully understand your situation, gather as much evidence as possible, and develop a strategy with your best interests as our top priority. Negligent parties will often attempt to cover up their misconduct, but we will fight to hold them accountable in court.
Get Help from the Law Offices of Stipe & Belote Today
Our Oklahoma City personal injury lawyers are dedicated to handling every aspect of our clients' cases. For every client, our goal is to recover full financial compensation for the injuries they have experienced. We know this is a challenging and stressful time, which is why we provide personal attention and aggressive litigation to help you rebuild, recover, and move on with your life.
Find out how our team can help you today! Contact our office at (888) 842-1374 to schedule a free, no-obligation consultation.