Oklahoma City Drunk Driving Accident Attorneys
A driver is considered unlawfully "under the influence" of alcohol if he or she has a blood alcohol concentration of .08% or greater. Although this is the legal limit to operate a motor vehicle, alcohol affects different people in different ways. A driver who has been drinking and has mental and/or physical abilities that are therefore impaired by alcohol by still be considered driving under the influence even if his or her blood alcohol level is below .08%.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) outlines particular statistics related to alcohol-impaired driving. According to the NHTSA's definition, this would include any driver who had a blood alcohol concentration of .08% or greater.
Following are some interesting statistics regarding drunk driving accidents in the U.S. from 2008:
- There were 11,773 fatalities in drunk driving accidents, accounting for approximately 32% of all traffic fatalities.
- 68% of fatalities caused in these accidents were the impaired driver.
- The rate of alcohol impairment for drivers involved in fatal traffic accidents was four times higher at night than during the day.
- The 2 age groups involved in the highest percentage of fatal drunk driving accidents were those aged from 25-34 and 35-44, comprising approximately 48% of alcohol-impaired drivers.
- Almost 84% of alcohol-impaired drivers involved in fatal accidents were male.
Fight for Justice with the Law Office of Stipe & Belote
Taking immediate action to handle your insurance claim with the help of an experienced attorney is crucial in the wake of a drunk driving accident. You have the right to seek financial damages for your injuries, but your ability to recover full compensation may be at risk if you do not have proper legal counsel. At the Law Offices of Stipe & Belote we are dedicated to providing the victims of traffic accidents with exceptional legal counsel and support. Let us be your advocate today!