Medical Malpractice Lawyer in Oklahoma City
The injuries caused by anesthesia malpractice may seriously outweigh any other type of surgical injuries that a patient may sustain. The administration of anesthesia is the most dangerous aspect of any surgical procedure, not the surgeon's scalpel. Even a slight error or miscalculation on the part of the anesthesiologist may lead to catastrophic injuries or the death of the patient.
At the Law Offices of Stipe & Belote, we offer aggressive and experienced legal representation to clients who are dealing with injuries or the loss of a loved one caused by anesthesia malpractice. An Oklahoma City medical malpractice attorney at our law offices can offer you valuable insight into your case and your options if you contact us to schedule a confidential consultation.
Common Anesthesia Errors
- Following are some examples of the types of medical malpractice cases we can handle that are linked to anesthesia:
- Overdose or wrong dose of general anesthesia
- Failure to monitor and maintain a patient's vital signs during surgery
- Improper intubation of a patient during surgery
- Failure to properly investigate a patient's medical history for anesthesia allergies or other potential complications
- Failure to inform the patient of the risks associated with the procedure and the administration of anesthesia
Anesthesia malpractice may occur in relation to any surgical procedure, including dental surgery, plastic surgery and life-saving surgeries that are necessary for a patient's health.
Why You Need a Medical Malpractice Lawyer
Handling any medical malpractice claim may be difficult. These are complex cases due to their technical nature and may be hard to prove if you cannot get any of the others in the surgical room to testify on your behalf.
We urge you to contact an attorney at our firm. Your anesthesia malpractice lawyer will work with expert witnesses and other professionals who can work to build a compelling case that outlines how the anesthesiologist acted in a negligent or wrongful manner.