Qualifications for Disability
Oklahoma City Social Security Disability Attorneys
For a person to qualify for Social Security Disability benefits, he or she must meet specific qualifications set forth by the Social Security Administration. If you are interested in applying and would like to find out whether your case may qualify, an Oklahoma City Social Security Disability lawyer at our firm can help.
There is a five-step process involved with determining qualification:
- Are you currently working? If you are currently earning more than a certain amount of money each month, you will not qualify for benefits.
- Is your medical condition severe? Your medical condition must significantly affect your ability to perform basic work activities for at least a year.
- Is your medical condition on the List of Impairments? There are specific medical conditions that are considered so severe that they will automatically designate you as "disabled." Some such impairments of this kind may include: chronic pain, lupus, fibromyalgia, rheumatoid arthritis, depression, attention deficit disorder, post-traumatic stress disorder, cancer, hepatitis C, multiple sclerosis, diabetes, loss of speech, loss of sight, loss of hearing, kidney disease, carpal tunnel syndrome, cystic fibrosis, muscular dystrophy, kidney disease, head trauma, thyroid problems and much more.
- Can you do the work you did before? You must be unable to perform the same or similar duties as associated with your previous job.
- Can you do any other type of work? You must be unable to perform any other type of work in order to be considered disabled and therefore receive Social Security Disability benefits.
Do I qualify for Social Security Disability in Oklahoma City?
If you are interested in finding out whether your medical condition and other factors meet the qualifications for Social Security Disability, the Law Offices of Stipe & Belote can assist you. We can assess your situation to determine whether you qualify to seek SSD benefits. Contact us today to discuss your condition and options with our experienced and caring legal team.